Unlike most early settlements, the business district developed along what is now Granada Street rather than around the “Plaza” as viewed on the Map of the Tularosa Townsite.
The building at 308 Granado was built before 1908 by J. P. Meadows. Prior to 1908 there were two stores in the building, a cafe and a pool hall. In 1908 it was used to house a dry goods store and was the Tularosa Dry Goods until 2004 when it became the home of Coffee and More. The owners, Tony and Lynette, are reopening the store as a multiuse space for community events, meeting space for local nonprofits, and a venue for art and music events. It will simply be known as the Old Tularosa Dry Goods. Vist their website for more information: www.tularosabasin.com
This building is stuccoed and has a parapet with raised ends and a center arched pediment.
Painting by Kathy Hauge, local artist and friend.